This is context 1
This is context 2
headerThis is context 3
This is context 4
This is context 5
Disciplinary Core IdeasI don't like the black on the header ... maybe we can get this changed???
- 5.LS2.B: Cycles of Matter and Energy Transfer in Ecosystems
- HS.LS2.B: Cycles of Matter and Energy Transfer in Ecosystems
- HS.ESS2.D1 Weather and Climate
- HS.ESS3.D3 Global Climate Change
Activity 2 - CO2 Sources, Sinks, and Cycles
- Learn more about how, where, and when CO2 is emitted into the atmosphere Explore sources and sinks of CO2.
Goal: Gather background information about the carbon cycle.×
Featured Resource -- Basics of the Carbon Cycle and the Greenhouse Effect.
Students read the article and respond to questions. Sample questions to use with this activity:
- Differentiate between a GreenHouse Gas (GHG) and a non-GHG. Name the four most important GHGs.
- Name the three main reservoirs between which the carbon atom travels in the carbon cycle.
- Name the two major processes that move carbon dioxide between plants and the atmosphere.
Activity 3. Explore the Carbon Cycle Interactivejump to activity »
- Students review interactive and respond to questions.
- More instructions here... Featured Resource -- Interactive Carbon Cycle
- What is biomass, and how does carbon move through the food web?
- By what process does CO2 become part of plants?
- Describe how CO2 is returned from soil to the atmosphere.
Sample questions to use with this activity: