Explore the CLEAN Collection of Educational Resources
Accurate education about climate and energy topics has never been more important, and it can be challenging to locate reliable, vetted educational materials to use in your classroom. CLEAN is here to help you find the resources that you need, without wondering about their scientific credibility or educational value.
With over 800 items in the CLEAN collection, there are multiple ways to find the resources you need:
Search CLEAN by keywords, grade level, and/or resource typeThere are many ways to search the entire CLEAN collection. Type in a keyword, or click on the filter options, and off you go!
Browse CLEAN by NGSSResources are aligned by NGSS grade level bands, content, and all four NGSS categories (DCI, PE, SEP, CCC).
Climate and energy education supportUse the 'Teaching Climate' and the 'Teaching Energy' guides for instructional support in teaching about climate and energy topics. These pages include pedagogic strategies, ideas for bringing these topics to life in your classroom, and top resources.
Design your own climate and energy unitsCreate your own custom unit lessons using the NGSS-aligned planning template and tools, plus use the three classroom-ready unit examples.
"CLEAN is BY FAR the most reliable resource for teachers to seek out curricula that they can build their work upon."-Michael, Fredonia College
Count on CLEAN:
- Every item in the CLEAN collection is rigorously peer-reviewed by teams of educators and scientists. All resources are free and available online.
- The CLEAN project is funded by the National Science Foundation, NOAA, and the Department of Energy.
- CLEAN has been recognized by the Webby Awards and the National Center for Science Education.
- The collection is widely used by the education community, and now receives over 16,000 monthly website visits.
- Materials are designed for the for K-12 teacher, college educator, informal educators, and anyone looking for quality educational resources. The collection includes lesson plans, projects, videos, demos, and more.
- The entire collection is NGSS-integrated and ready to support three-dimensional learning.