Ology, American Museum of Natural History
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
This Static Visualization builds on the following concepts of Climate Literacy.
Click a topic below for supporting information, teaching ideas, and sample activities.
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Review the resource and supporting key term "Ology" cards to become familiar with the climate concepts presented before use in the classroom.
- Could be used as an introduction to the topic or as a summary activity to test students knowledge. Students can also explore the links to other resources and information.
About the Science
- This resources provides a basic introduction to understanding weather and climate, climate change, and actions young people can take to address climate change.
- Comments from expert scientist:
- The resource describes the difference between weather and climate
- Clearly describes how the greenhouse effect works
- Explains what clean energy is, how humans are affecting climate change, and what are ways in which people can help fight against climate change
The information is very basic but it should be noted that by clicking on the underlined and starred words the reader can learn more information.
About the Pedagogy
- This quiz could be useful in classrooms to test students' knowledge of climate change and help them explore the topics around climate change. The 10-question interactive quiz contains key term hyperlinks and asterisk symbols to access supporting "Ology" cards to further enhance learning (e.g., definitions, descriptions, checks for understanding, fact or fiction statements, quotes from scientists, images).
- This resource fills the need for climate education resources for younger learners and those that benefit from adapted resources.