Get Started Teaching Climate and Energy
Easy-to-read explanations of science and policy, designed to step students through the key principles of climate and energy
- Suggested teaching approaches, selected for various grade levels
- Spanish-language versions
- Supporting materials from the CLEAN reviewed collection
- Culturally relevant climate teaching
Posted: Aug 15 2022
Save the date for September 22 and 23: join practitioners from all over the US to discuss climate education, workforce development, justice, and communication!
Posted: Aug 2 2022
Check out the new CLEAN News Flashes for Educators and the CLEAN Network!
Posted: May 19 2022
Posted: May 11 2022
Posted: Sep 1 2021
Register for the Spring 2022 CLEAN Webinar Series! Topics include a CLEAN intro, various teaching climate & energy issues, elementary climate teaching, developing units and more!
Posted: Jun 15 2021
Every other week CLEAN sends a newsletter to educators connecting resources in our collection to current events and relevant themes. See past additions and sign up here!
Posted: Jun 10 2021
Posted: Jun 5 2021
CLEAN developed short videos on each Climate Literacy Principle - check them out in the Teaching Climate section!
Teaching Climate and Energy with NGSS
Our resources are aligned to the standards. You can explore the key standards related to climate and energy or find a resource that supports a specific standard.
- Find NGSS-tagged materials in the CLEAN collection
- Design your own three-dimensional classroom units
Strengthen your Teaching
Find professional development tools and support for teaching climate and energy.
Whether you're designing lessons, adapting to online teaching, or building a constructive classroom atmosphere, we have tools to help.
CLEAN is the Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness Network.
Our primary efforts are:
- to steward a reviewed collection of free, high-quality teaching materials for teaching climate and energy
- to support the CLEAN Network, a community of professionals committed to improving climate and energy literacy.
CLEAN recognizes the disproportionate impact climate change has on Communities of Color and the importance of incorporating social and environmental justice into climate education. Please see our cultural acknowledgements pages for more information.
See Ongoing Events and Opportunities