Get Started Teaching Climate and Energy
Easy-to-read explanations of science and policy, designed to step students through the key principles of climate and energy
- Suggested teaching approaches, selected for various grade levels
- Spanish-language versions
- Supporting materials from the CLEAN reviewed collection
- Culturally relevant climate teaching
Posted: Apr 1 2023
Posted: Mar 15 2023
The most recent review cycle has added 80 more resources to the CLEAN collection. Check it out!
Posted: Mar 8 2023
We want to know how CLEAN has served you! Please share how you use CLEAN in your classroom or your work and receive an Amazon gift card.
Posted: Mar 1 2023
Posted: Jan 15 2023
Register for the Spring 2023 CLEAN Webinar Series! Topics include teaching about climate, systems thinking, consequences & solutions, and energy!
Posted: Nov 8 2022
CLEAN has curated a set of resources and Educator Guides based on the themes of the 2022 Right Here Right Now Summit at CU Boulder.
Posted: Aug 31 2022
Check out the new CLEAN News Flashes for Educators and the CLEAN Network!
Posted: Aug 15 2022
Save the date for September 22 and 23: join practitioners from all over the US to discuss climate education, workforce development, justice, and communication!
Teaching Climate and Energy with NGSS
Our resources are aligned to the standards. You can explore the key standards related to climate and energy or find a resource that supports a specific standard.
- Find NGSS-tagged materials in the CLEAN collection
- Design your own three-dimensional classroom units
Strengthen your Teaching
Find professional development tools and support for teaching climate and energy.
Whether you're designing lessons, adapting to online teaching, or building a constructive classroom atmosphere, we have tools to help.
CLEAN is the Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness Network.
Our primary efforts are:
- to steward a reviewed collection of free, high-quality teaching materials for teaching climate and energy
- to support the CLEAN Network, a community of professionals committed to improving climate and energy literacy.
CLEAN recognizes the disproportionate impact climate change has on Communities of Color and the importance of incorporating social and environmental justice into climate education. Please see our cultural acknowledgements pages for more information.
- Events in blue: Events from CLEAN
- Events in black: Professional development opportunities from CLEAN
- Events in green: Events from the Climate and Energy Literacy Community
See Ongoing Events and Opportunities