Get Started Teaching Climate and Energy
Easy-to-read explanations of science and policy, designed to step students through the key principles of climate and energy
- Suggested teaching approaches, selected for various grade levels
- Spanish-language versions
- Supporting materials from the CLEAN reviewed collection
- Culturally relevant climate teaching
News from CLEAN
Webinars, new resources and more.
Posted: Feb 8 2024
CLEAN has a new Climate Change Mental Health Activity Guide with resources that aid teachers in approaching complex and sensitive topics in the classroom.
Posted: Feb 1 2024
Check out our upcoming Spring 2024 webinars or watch recordings of any you missed Explore the CLEAN webinar series
Posted: Jan 1 2024
Posted: Dec 8 2023
Check out the new ACCELS page, where you can access the matrix of climate education projects shared and learn how to join working groups!
Posted: Dec 5 2023
The most recent review cycle has added 60 more resources to the CLEAN collection. Check it out!
Posted: Nov 27 2023
Check out the ACCELS Summit where climate education practitioners with mutual interests connected. Email email@example.com if you're interested in joining a working group.
Posted: Oct 18 2023
Join us for the second Accelerating Climate Capacity, Engagement, and Leadership Summit (ACCELS), convened by the CLEAN Network! Thursday, November 16th 2-5pm ET
Posted: Mar 8 2023
We want to know how CLEAN has served you! Please share how you use CLEAN in your classroom or your work and receive an Amazon gift card.
Teaching Climate and Energy with NGSS
Our resources are aligned to the standards. You can explore the key standards related to climate and energy or find a resource that supports a specific standard.
- Find NGSS-tagged materials in the CLEAN collection
- Design your own three-dimensional classroom units
Strengthen your Teaching
Find professional development tools and support for teaching climate and energy.
Whether you're designing lessons, adapting to online teaching, or building a constructive classroom atmosphere, we have tools to help.
CLEAN is the Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness Network.
Our primary efforts are:
- to steward a reviewed collection of free, high-quality teaching materials for teaching climate and energy
- to support the CLEAN Network, a community of professionals committed to improving climate and energy literacy.
CLEAN recognizes the disproportionate impact climate change has on Communities of Color and the importance of incorporating social and environmental justice into climate education. Please see our cultural acknowledgements pages for more information.
- Events in blue: Events from CLEAN
- Events in black: Professional development opportunities from CLEAN
- Events in green: Events from the Climate and Energy Literacy Community
See Ongoing Events and Opportunities