Warmer Oceans Affect Food Web
KTOO, WGBH Educational Foundation, Teachers' Domain
Video length: 2:30 minutes.Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
See how this Video supports the Next Generation Science Standards»
Middle School: 7 Disciplinary Core Ideas
High School: 4 Disciplinary Core Ideas
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
About the Science
- Scientists and Alaska residents in this short video discuss how the declines in several animals in Prince William Sound may well be the result of ocean temperature rise as well as oil pollution from the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill.
- The video gives an idea about how a scientific hypothesis is developed.
- Comment from expert scientist: Scientifically sound resource.
About the Pedagogy
- This video has strong visuals of several animals.
- A good background essay and discussion questions accompany the video.