The Pentagon and Climate Change - Earth: The Operators' Manual
Geoff Haines-Stiles Productions, Earth - The Operators' Manual
Video length: 4:18 min.Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
See how this Video supports the Next Generation Science Standards»
Middle School: 2 Disciplinary Core Ideas
High School: 3 Disciplinary Core Ideas
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- The 'teacher tips' section below the video includes some ways to build framing activites around the video.
About the Science
- Well-supported summary that the US Defense Department takes climate change seriously and is preparing for additional challenges posed by climate change to US national security.
- Comment from expert scientist: Good points by Admiral Titely and good narration by Richard Alley.
About the Pedagogy
- Well supported by references experts and science statements.
- Supporting materials include annotated script, suggested activities from NASA and NOAA, teaching tips, core standards, and key words.