Electricity data browser
US Energy Information Administration, US Department of Energy
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
See how this Simulation/Interactive supports the Next Generation Science Standards»
Middle School: 1 Disciplinary Core Idea, 1 Cross Cutting Concept, 2 Science and Engineering Practices
High School: 2 Disciplinary Core Ideas, 1 Cross Cutting Concept, 1 Science and Engineering Practice
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- This website can be used as a resource for a variety of activities involving energy statistics.
About the Science
- This website provides convenient and interactive access to a wide range of US energy statistics.
- A list of all terms and definitions is provided.
- As of Feb. 2017, the data is up to date.
- Comments from expert scientist: This is an excellent resource for researchers, policy-makers and others who are interested in electricity data
About the Pedagogy
- This website provides convenient and interactive access to a wide range of US energy statistics. Baseline background information on types and usages of these data sets is important.
- There are many ways to view these data. This flexibility should encourage students to explore these data more thoroughly than conventional charts and tables.
- There are no pedagogical support materials for this resource.
- This resource engages students in using scientific data.
See other data-rich activities