Is Earth Warming?
National Research Council, The National Academies
Video length 4:37 min.Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
See how this Video supports the Next Generation Science Standards»
High School: 7 Disciplinary Core Ideas
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- A good video to show at the beginning of a unit on climate change.
- May need to break video into sections because the information presented is very dense.
- Students will need scaffolding.
- High level - recommended for advanced classes.
About the Science
- Comments from expert scientist: The video provides clear evidence of rising surface temperatures over the past century. It refers to the multitude of observational records - including in-situ and satellite measurements of temperature, snow and ice cover - to make the case that the Earth is warming.
About the Pedagogy
- No supporting teaching resources with this video. Can download transcript as pamphlet at http://nas-sites.org/americasclimatechoices/more-resources-on-climate-change/climate-change-lines-of-evidence-booklet/.
Technical Details/Ease of Use
- Can change captions to other languages.
- High quality video and resolution.
- Whole series is here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?annotation_id=annotation_392971&feature=iv&list=PL38EB9C0BC54A9EE2&src_vid=-IuVzcp39rs