ThinkTV, Teachers' Domain
Video length 3:48 minutes.Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- This video provides some useful visuals for a unit on global ocean currents.
- There is a very nice research project in the teaching tips section asking students to research a coastal city to determine how ocean currents determine its climate.
About the Content
- Video focuses on role of surface ocean currents in global climate.
- Comment from expert scientist: Asks students to think on both global and local scales. Includes (though necessarily briefly) both major processes that move ocean water: wind forcing and density. Relates the oceans to climate processes on large scales (e.g. heat uptake by the ocean) and smaller scales (e.g. El Niño, local coastal climates).
About the Pedagogy
- This video includes a background essay and teaching tips.
- Links to other videos and resources are included, making it easy to build a more comprehensive unit on ocean currents.