Video length: 6:31Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Can be used as general overview or review of the water cycle.
- Educators may wish to provide students a question sheet to keep student interest or ensure the video is watched all the way through.
- Although this video does not directly articulate that water is a short-lived greenhouse gas, this is an excellent description of how one of the greenhouse gases (water vapor) impacts climate.
About the Science
- Very basic overview of how the sun drives the water cycle and the interdependence between the water cycle and the climate system.
- Emphasis on water in the atmosphere and how ocean currents transfer heat from the topics to higher latitudes.
- Features interviews with several NASA scientists who study water and climate dynamics.
- Comment from expert scientist: This video is accurate and explains the water cycle effectively and clearly. It traces the cycle in a linear fashion and marshals data, figures, and expert interviews to support its claims.
About the Pedagogy
- One can use this video to review or introduce water-related activities, focusing on evaporation and water in the atmosphere.
- The video uses a variety of images, diagrams, and data products to drive home how the water cycle and climate are impacted by changes in one or both processes.