Ocean Acid Test by Oceana
Earth Outreach, Google
Video length: 2:06 min.Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
Find more resources on these topics
This Video builds on the following concepts of Climate Literacy.
Click a topic below for supporting information, teaching ideas, and sample activities.
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- A good entry point for learning about ocean acidification.
- View in full-screen mode to reduce distractions of YouTube ads and comments.
About the Science
- Narrated by Dr. Jeffrey Short, this short video, which includes a Google Earth tour to help set the stage for discussing ocean acidification, provides an overview of the topic.
- Video concludes with a brief overview advocating specific steps to help prevent further acidification.
- Comments from expert scientist: It's completely accurate and conveys the important scientific concepts with a minimum of technical jargon and even "complex" (college level) chemistry.
About the Pedagogy
- The visual images are very clear, and the short story is presented in an easy-to-understand format.
- Can complement other ocean acidification videos and activities.
- The link below the video takes the user to Google Earth Engine.
- This is a new application that brings together the world's satellite imagery of scientific measurements dating back more than 25 years and makes it available online with tools for scientists, independent researchers, and nations to mine this massive warehouse of data to detect changes, map trends, and quantify differences on Earth's surface.