Lynne Cherry, Young Voices on Climate Change
Video length: 4 minutes.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing GPg
Other materials addressing Hum
Other materials addressing 5b
Other materials addressing Our
4.3 Fossil and bio fuels contain energy captured from sunlight.
2.6 Greenhouse gases affect energy flow.
Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow .
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Use as a prompt to get students interested in citizen science projects.
- Educators could potentially use this video to have students create their own project-based community service.
About the Science
- Video shows how scientists work together with an indigenous Siberian girl to collect data and how and why she got involved in climate science. Scientist Max Holmes briefly discusses how research and monitoring one of the 6th largest rivers in the area and collecting water samples at different seasons can give scientists better insight into how the climate is changing.
- Passed initial science review - expert science review pending.
About the Pedagogy
- Seeing peers engaged with a real science project and hearing about their motivation to engage in citizen science projects may motivate students to think about science and its role in their future.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.