Wisconsin Initiative on Climate Change Impacts
Video length: 2:39 min.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing 3a
Other materials addressing 5b
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- This short video is an excellent introduction to phenology in general, as well as when taking a regional focus or when considering seasonal and longer term changes.
- It is also an introduction to the value of taking careful observational data and of citizen science.
- While focused on Wisconsin and a terrific example of regional perspectives on changing climate, many of the principles discussed in the video and text are universal.
About the Science
- Ninty-three year old Nina Leopold Bradley, daughter to Aldo Leopold, narrates this short, introductory video on the importance and relevance of seasonal observations for phenology.
- Comments from expert scientist: This is a resource with a potentially high impact. The beautiful and very professional short movies are apt to attain the attention even to younger students. My only major concern is that, compared to the few other resources I reviewed so far, the amount of facts (data as a table, graph, or map) presented within the resource itself is rather limited.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.