National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Video length is 1:30 minutes.Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
About the Content
- Scientific strength is the connection of higher temperatures to sea level rise (both thermal expansion and melting ice are explained).
- Good brief overview of the impacts of sea level rise on coastal areas.
- Scientific strengths: This is an excellent resource, it quickly states the problem, how we know it's a problem and what it could mean for the future. It also includes quantitative values.
About the Pedagogy
- Quick and easy introduction video on sea level rise. Could be used as an 'engage' and offer a jumping off point for more in-depth content.
- Teachers could offer a few framing questions before showing the video to guide students as they watch.
- This helps build the credibility and name recognition of NASA.