The National Academy of Science
Video length is 4:43 min.Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- An effective video to introduce the the impact that predicted climate-driven sea level rise, together with tectonic activity, may have on the position of the Pacific Northwest coastline.
About the Content
- The video explains how geologic processes and global warming could combine to result in large increases in sea levels on the Pacific coastline.
- Comments from expert scientist: The video is professionally done and comprises well-designed animations in several places. The data presented is not only current but also very relatable to modern and future issues along the coast - beach erosion and nourishment, coastal infrastructures and habitations, recreation opportunities, maritime transport, etc.
About the Pedagogy
- More of a report than an entertaining video - talking head interspersed with video images and graphics.
- Good graphics and examples.