Climate Change Affects Glacial Water Source
ThinkTV, Teachers' Domain
Video length: 4:18 minutes.Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
See how this Video supports the Next Generation Science Standards»
Middle School: 6 Disciplinary Core Ideas
High School: 5 Disciplinary Core Ideas
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
About the Science
- Scientists from the Byrd Polar Research Center, who specialize in glaciers and water quality, discuss water quality and quantity issues related to glacial melt and the potential human impact.
- The direct link between retreating glaciers and available water resources for Lima, Peru is powerful.
- Comment from expert scientist: The video gives a reasonable explanation of the role of glaciers in the hydrology of Peru. It also introduces some of the water quality issues that might be encountered where water is a scarce resource.
About the Pedagogy
- A background essay, teaching tips, and link to standards are provided.
- Links to related videos on this site are provided.