Video length 13:36 min.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing 7e
Other materials addressing 7f
7.3 Environmental quality.
Energy affects quality of life .
4.3 Fossil and bio fuels contain energy captured from sunlight.
Various sources of energy are used to power human activities .
6.2 Conserving energy.
Human use of energy.
2.6 Greenhouse gases affect energy flow.
Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow .
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- This video would enhance any lesson on climate change, ecology, infectious disease, or community health.
- Educator should pause after the ads before projecting in a classroom.
About the Science
- Video features three specific health issues: 1. A rare but deadly fungal disease (cryptococcus cadii) once known only in tropical climates, that is infecting people in the Pacific Northwest. 2. Earlier flowering of some trees lengthens the time that people with allergies are exposed to tree allergens. 3. Spread of infectious vector-borne diseases such as West Nile and Lyme disease.
- Passed initial science review - expert science review pending.
About the Pedagogy
- Video might cause students to feel depressed. It is important to follow-up with solutions and what everyone and every society can do to mitigate climate change.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.