Video length 3:35 min.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing 1a
7.3 Environmental quality.
2.3 Earth's climate driven by the Sun.
2.6 Greenhouse gases affect energy flow.
2.7 Effects of changes in Earth's energy system .
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Can be embedded into units dealing with the greenhouse effect and Earth's energy budget.
- Nice intro to a module on the energy budget and why the sun is important in the climate system.
- The related URL (http://www.nasa.gov/topics/solarsystem/features/solar_variability.html) provides helpful background info for the instructor and/or students to put the video in better context.
About the Science
- Earth's radiation budget and use of satellites to measure solar energy is discussed.
- Passed initial science review - expert science review pending.
Related URLs These related sites were noted by our reviewers but have not been reviewed by CLEANNASA Mission News article "Solar Variability: Striking a Balance with Climate Change" - http://www.nasa.gov/topics/solarsystem/features/solar_variability.html
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.