Windows to the Universe/NBC Learn, National Earth Science Teachers Association (NESTA)
Video length: 5:13 min.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing 3c
Other materials addressing 6d
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
About the Science
- The video describes how atmospheric warming is contributing to lake warming. The results of this warming is water stratification, which impacts the food chain and water mixing.
- Researchers use buoys to collect data such as wind speed, air and water temperature, and cloud cover.
- Comments from expert scientist: Accurate information, qualified by appropriate disclaimers in most cases. Could have clearer identification of assumptions and other limiting factors or uncertainties.
About the Pedagogy
- The vocabulary and conceptual level of the content is high with technical terms like stratification and upwelling.
Technical Details/Ease of Use
- The video is high quality and easy to use.
- A transcript is available, providing another avenue to access the content.
Related URLs These related sites were noted by our reviewers but have not been reviewed by CLEANRelated Windows to the Universe resource: http://www.windows2universe.org/earth/changing_planet/warming_lakes_intro.html
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.