US Energy Information Administration, US Department of Energy
Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
4.1 Humans transfer and transform energy.
6.8 Calculating and monitoring energy use.
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- This website can be used as a resource for a variety of activities involving energy statistics.
About the Science
- This website provides convenient and interactive access to a wide range of US energy statistics.
- A list of all terms and definitions is provided.
- Comments from expert scientist: This is an excellent resource for researchers, policy-makers and others who are interested in electricity data
About the Pedagogy
- This website provides convenient and interactive access to a wide range of US energy statistics. Baseline background information on types and usages of these data sets is important.
- There are many ways to view these data. This flexibility should encourage students to explore these data more thoroughly than conventional charts and tables.
- There are no pedagogical support materials for this resource.
- This resource engages students in using scientific data.
See other data-rich activities
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.