Planet Nutshell, Utah Education Network
Video length: 2:28 minutes.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
7.4 Fossil fuel supplies are limited.
Energy affects quality of life .
4.1 Humans transfer and transform energy.
Various sources of energy are used to power human activities .
5.1 Energy decisions are made at many levels.
5.6 Environmental factors.
Energy decisions are influenced by several factors.
6.2 Conserving energy.
Human use of energy.
2.6 Greenhouse gases affect energy flow.
Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow .
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Best used in conjunction with the other short videos at http://www.planetnutshell.com/climate.
- Use as a prompt to tie into research/design project, probably towards end of a unit on climate change.
About the Science
- Discusses how the leaders of US and China have a special responsibility to address CO2 emissions because those countries are the largest source of these emissions.
- Comment from expert scientist: Puts the focus on carbon emissions reductions. Identifies USA and China as top carbon emitters.
About the Pedagogy
- This is Episode 10 of an 11-part series on climate and climate change.
- A very engaging cartoon format.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.