Windows to the Universe, NCAR Online Education
Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing GPd
Other materials addressing GPg
7.3 Environmental quality.
5.1 Energy decisions are made at many levels.
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Educators could produce an activity sheet that addresses reasons and justifications for the students' choices in each section, as well as learning from the side-bar information on the right sides of the screens.
- Could also work as a homework assignment.
About the Science
- In the scenarios provided, students make decisions about the types and amount of energy used and see what effect their decisions have on the amount of greenhouse gases emitted to the atmosphere. The goal is to reduce the greenhouse gases emissions while keeping costs reasonable.
- Comment from expert scientist: Good tool with the only caveat that it doesn't include all attributions.
About the Pedagogy
- A great activity for applying science learning to real life and everyday choices.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.