Arctic Athabaskan Council, Teachers' Domain
Video length 2:59 min.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing GPb
Other materials addressing 3a
Other materials addressing 7e
Other materials addressing 7f
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Background essay on the Athabascan people and discussion questions are provided on the Teachers' Domain site.
About the Science
- Observations from scientific studies and native people of the Arctic on how changing climate is affecting their lives and the ecosystem they depend on for sustenance.
- Passed initial science review - expert science review pending.
About the Pedagogy
- Short introduction of how changing climate is impacting the subsistence culture of the Athabaskan people living in the Arctic.
- Concrete example of the effects of climate change rather than in the abstract.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.