Young Voices for the Planet
Video length: 5:42 min.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing Hum
7.3 Environmental quality.
5.6 Environmental factors.
Energy decisions are influenced by several factors.
6.7 Embedded energy.
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- This video will be a good introduction to a teaching sequence about solutions and climate change policy.
About the Science
- While the focus of this video is on banning plastics because of their impact on marine ecosystems, the connection is made to the fossil fuels and energy used to manufacture plastic.
- Passed initial science review - expert science review pending.
About the Pedagogy
- This video, offering an example of young students engaging in policy changes and efforts to raise awareness toward climate change and marine pollution, will likely engage other students and shows ways everyone can make a difference.
- A good video to show if your school wants to embark in a recycling effort in your community.
- This video provides instructors with additional information and references on how other communities can stop the use of plastic bags.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.