Geoff Haines-Stiles Productions, Earth: The Operators' Manual
Video length: 4:32 min.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
7.2 National security.
Energy affects quality of life .
4.1 Humans transfer and transform energy.
Various sources of energy are used to power human activities .
5.1 Energy decisions are made at many levels.
Energy decisions are influenced by several factors.
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
About the Science
- Video addresses the energy use of the military and introduces energy saving measures (biofuels, renewable energy sources) taken by the military.
- Positive messaging and lots of information packed into this short video.
- Passed initial science review - expert science review pending.
About the Pedagogy
- Great images and well-chosen interviews and examples.
- Demonstrates how solar panels on tents, efficient LEDs, and water purification techniques can help save both lives and money.
- Overall, the military has ambitious goals to increase energy independence.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.