US Dept. of Energy/Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Video length: 3:57 min.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing 1a
7.1 Economic security.
7.2 National security.
7.3 Environmental quality.
4.1 Humans transfer and transform energy.
4.5 Electricity generation.
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- While not comprehensive coverage of the subject, this video can be used as an introduction to the two primary ways solar energy is harnessed to generate electricity.
About the Science
- Describes how solar power is harnessed in simple and understandable terms.
- The video focuses on strengths of solar power but does not address limitations or weaknesses.
- Passed initial science review - expert science review pending.
About the Pedagogy
- Easy-to-understand narration and visuals about two types of solar energy technology. Applications of the technology are also discussed.
- Educators will need to expand upon the scientific concepts directly and indirectly presented in the video, i.e. energy capacity and storage, how pv panels work, etc.
- Can be used in conjunction with other CLEAN-selected solar energy activities and resources.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.