Climate Workshop OverviewThis workshop will be held entirely online. There is no face-to-face component and no travel is necessary.
The workshop will consist of synchronous presentations, asynchronous discussions, independent work time and small group collaboration. We will use Elluminate web conference software, SERC's web collaboration tools and conference call lines in order to create a well-rounded experience. Learn more about the technical aspects of this online workshop.
GoalsThe goals of this workshop are to:
- Explore the CLEAN collection of teaching materials,
- Learn about the mechanics of the climate system, including its components, their complexities, and their interactions,
- See examples of successful methods and activities for teaching about the climate system and its interactions,
- Develop new teaching materials for use in your own courses, particularly activities that fill gaps within the CLEAN collection,
- Collaborate with other faculty to share ideas about teaching climate science.
Each participant is expected to:
- Contribute to the development of an activity for teaching about the climate system,
- Provide feedback to the activities developed by other workshop participants,
- Test the materials you develop during the workshop in your classroom within the next year.
Each of the synchronous sessions will be recorded, so in the event that you are not able to attend a session, you will be able to review the presentations via the workshop website.