Media Production Resources
- Tips for Effective Interviewing (Microsoft Word 2007 (.docx) 591kB Dec3 13)
- Storyboard Template (Microsoft Word 2007 (.docx) 558kB Dec3 13) for creating storyboard for media project
- Shot List (Microsoft Word 2007 (.docx) 552kB Dec3 13) for organizing shots for video filming
- Media Release Form (Microsoft Word 24kB Dec3 13) for media projects
- Framing Heights (Acrobat (PDF) 79kB Dec3 13) Guidelines for framing video shots
- Field Production Cheat Sheet (Microsoft Word 2007 (.docx) 1.1MB Dec3 13) reminders before filming media project
- Before You Tape Powerpoint Presentation (PowerPoint 24.7MB Dec3 13) with helpful reminders before filming a video project
- Final Cut Quick Guide (Acrobat (PDF) 25.1MB Dec3 13) to video editing
- Peer Review Form for Video Projects (Microsoft Word 2007 (.docx) 111kB Dec3 13) for project group self-assessment
Other Media Production Resources
The News is What We Make It - This short claymation movie by Nickey Robare illustrates the power of editing a video in the service of making a statement/conveying a message.
KQED Media-Making for Science Education Toolkit - Interview Techniques pdf, Interview Worksheet pdf, Storyboard template pdf
Celtx - Free scriptwriting software; requires sign-in
Apple Quicktime video recording, editing and viewing tool (for Mac - free) - Quicktime is a media player. It comes free on Macs and is available for PCs. The Pro version allows students to upload multiple photos and make them into a movie.
AppleGarageband sound recording, mixing and editing software (for Mac - free)
Audacity is free, open source, cross-platform software for recording and editing sounds.
FruityLoops sound recording, mixing, and editing (for Windows and IPad)
Sam Animation - stop motion animation software for Mac or PC, Free limited version
FrameThief -free stop-motion animation software for Mac
Stopmotion Explosion Stop-motion animation software (not free)
Sources of photo images in the public domain. Teachers and students should look for items available under creative commons license or that are in the public domain because they were produced by the government.
MPEG Streamclip is a powerful free video converter, player, editor for Mac and Windows. It can play many movie files, it can convert and encode movies to many formats, including iPod; it can cut, trim and join movies. (May be out of date.)
Apple iMovie - free video editing software for Macs. [NOTE: iMovie comes free on MACs however it is not free for other devices as an app it runs about $15]
Final Cut Pro X -video editing software for Macs (Free 30 day trial)
Adobe Premiere Elements or Premiere PRO (Mac and PC)
Windows Movie-Maker - free video editing software (for PC) Note from Angelica: I am finding that many students are using this successfully for small projects; however, schools often opt for Apple products