Climate Change Impacts on Biodiversity
Convention on Biological Diversity
Video length: 11:08Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
See how this Video supports the Next Generation Science Standards»
Middle School: 3 Disciplinary Core Ideas, 2 Cross Cutting Concepts
High School: 3 Disciplinary Core Ideas
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- To skip the general review of climate change impacts and focus on the biodiversity aspects, go to the 7:00 mark.
- Video is based on 2007 IPCC report and 2007 meeting of the Convention on Biological Diversity. More current information may out-date some of the information presented here.
About the Science
- The video shows many of the impacts of climate change on biodiversity around the world using findings of the 2007 IPCC report and the work of the Convention on Biological Diversity.
Comments from expert scientist:
This video takes the viewer around the world and lists almost all impacts associated with climate change, steps to adapt to climate change and what certain organizations are doing to help. It is extremely informative and factual.
About the Pedagogy
- In addition to impacts of climate change, video shows some of the adaptation strategies undertaken by communities in various countries, in particular those most vulnerable to these impacts - coastal communities in third-world countries.
Technical Details/Ease of Use
- Nicely organized and filmed.
- Original video at https://www.cbd.int/videos