The Carbon Cycle interactive
Lenni Armstrong, C. Dunlap, TERC
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Visualization would fit well into any science class exploring the role of carbon and how it moves through the Earth system.
- Color difference between reservoir and process is a bit subtle; be sure to point that out to students.
About the Science
- This visualization examines the complex relationships in the cycling of carbon through the Earth system.
- The quantities that are used in the scale of the reservoirs are not cited, so it is not clear from where the data originated.
- Passed initial science review - expert science review pending.
About the Pedagogy
- Each source and sink can be clicked on for more information.
- Written passages are concise and written at the correct grade level (7-12).
Technical Details/Ease of Use
- The visualization is easy to use and graphics are excellent.
- Resource is very text-rich within the source and sink information boxes. This may be a challenge for English language learners.
- This content is available in Flash format only. Page contains instructions for iPad use and instructions for enabling Flash in your web browser.