Switch Energy Project
Video length is 1:42 min.Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
This Video builds on the following concepts of Energy Literacy.
Click a topic below for supporting information, teaching ideas, and sample activities.
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Switch Energy Project website has great potential for student research projects.
- Consider using the website to have students do a research project on the pros and cons of different types of energy sources. Then, as a class, they can create an energy portfolio.
- Video will easily enhance a well-designed energy lesson or unit.
- Video is appropriate for interdisciplinary and/or social studies classrooms and projects.
- Video will spark discussions about energy and its relation to global politics, economies and cultures.
About the Science
- This video is an introductory video about the key points of obtaining energy security in the United States.
- Dr. Scott Tinker, Director of the Bureau of Economic Geology and the State Geologist of Texas, narrates the documentary.
- Comments from expert scientist: Dr. Tinker presents scientifically credible material.
About the Pedagogy
- Future lessons to accompany these videos are planned for this website.
- Video presents one perspective, which can foster discussion. Could be useful for a role-playing activity (views are weighted toward the energy supply point of view).
Technical Details/Ease of Use
- This video is easily used and accessible for students.
- Video may not work in all browsers - test your browser before screening to students.
- Teachers must create an account to access resources from this organization. Membership is free and the only information that needs to be provided is name, email, and a password.