The Second Solution: Riparian Restoration
Northwest Biocarbon Initiative, Climate Solutions
Video length is 4:57 min.Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
See how this Video supports the Next Generation Science Standards»
Middle School: 9 Disciplinary Core Ideas
High School: 6 Disciplinary Core Ideas
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Video is a great example of the benefits of community solutions to solve sustainability conflicts.
- Other fact sheets related to this type of restoration work can be found here: http://climatesolutions.org/programs/NBI
About the Science
- Video provides an example of how creative planning (planting trees and shrubs) can reduce carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, help protect species, filter agricultural runoff, and reduce monetary costs.
- Data sources not provided.
Comments from expert scientist:
- Describes why fish need cold water, for more dissolved oxygen
- Explains the economical and environmental benefits of a riparian zone instead of a refrigerator