Natural Climate Change
WGBH, Teachers' Domain
Video length 3:48 min.Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
Find more resources on these topics
This Video builds on the following concepts of Climate Literacy.
Click a topic below for supporting information, teaching ideas, and sample activities.
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Be sure to point out that diagrams are NOT to scale in the season animation.
- In middle school, can be used in a climate unit or a unit on cycles of Earth. Would also fit in a unit on the water cycle.
- High school educators may want to use this video to augment an ecology unit.
About the Science
- Several lines of evidence for climate change 9000 years ago in this Saharan region are examined.
- Comments from expert scientist: Contain a good explanation of precession (orbital cycle). The accompanying essay is good. The resource links to national science standards.
About the Pedagogy
- A good essay and discussion questions accompany the video.
- Female scientist is featured.
- Scale, as in most animations of Earth's orbit around the sun, is highly exaggerated.