Ten Signs of a Warming World
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, (NOAA)
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
This Simulation/Interactive builds on the following concepts of Climate Literacy.
Click a topic below for supporting information, teaching ideas, and sample activities.
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- In order to use this interactive as part of a rich lesson or unit, educator should examine all of the links to resources.
- An entire week's worth of information to support the ten signs of warming are supplied on the website. Educators can personalize the extent to which they want to use this information for various age levels and range of content coverage.
About the Science
- Within each of the 10 indicators, individual datasets can be explored for further inspection and zoomed in to specific periods of interest.
- All data used are publicly accessible.
- The 2009 State of the Climate served as a basis for the content on this website.
- Comments from expert scientist: NOAA is an excellent organization devoted to atmospheric and oceanic research. Consequently, there are a large number of experts in climate change related to the topics presented in:"10 Signs of a Warming World." The final result is also excellent.
About the Pedagogy
- Links to the reports that provide the content background are included. More importantly, there are many links under each indicator that lead to graphs of data trends, videos, feature articles, and grade-level resources in the CLEAN resource collection.
- The interactive map provides a learn-more option that brings the user to an entire web page featuring data trends, articles, and multimedia that support that indicator of warming.