Climate Science in a Nutshell: Evidence of a Warming Planet
Planet Nutshell , Utah Education Network
Video length 2:40 minutes.Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
See how this Video supports the Next Generation Science Standards»
Middle School: 2 Disciplinary Core Ideas
High School: 3 Disciplinary Core Ideas
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- This video provides a short overview of the evidence for global climate change. It needs to be supplemented by more thorough materials and activities.
- Use as a prompt - ask students what they think is happening in Arctic if temperature is changing by only a degree.
- Best used in conjunction with the other 10 short videos in the series.
About the Science
- A brief overview of the evidence that Earth is heating rapidly.
- The claims made in this video are not supported by references in the video or on its webpage.
- Comments from expert scientist: This video provides a nice broad overview that the planet is warming and provides examples of the impacts of a seemingly small increase in global average air temperature.
About the Pedagogy
- Engaging cartoon format.
- The breezy style and playful animations of this video will likely engage most students. It lacks a teacher's guide, background materials, etc. that would support its use in a classroom.