Video length 3:05 min.Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
This Video builds on the following concepts of Climate Literacy.
Click a topic below for supporting information, teaching ideas, and sample activities.
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Narrowly focused, fast-paced 'young' feeling video could be used to introduce or reinforce the factors affecting the amount of ice on earth.
About the Science
- Good overview of relationship between glacial mass temperature, sea level rise, and why people should care.
- Shows graphs of several data sets but did not include reference in video.
- Comment from expert scientist: The video and background essay give information on the role that ice plays in climate. It describes the various factors that influence glacier mass balance and focuses on how warming temperature from rises in atmospheric CO2 are reducing the mass balance of glaciers. Videos are a nice way to engage students.
About the Pedagogy
- Fast-paced video. Young-sounding narrator. Should keep students engaged.
- A background essay and discussion questions are supplied for teachers.
Technical Details/Ease of Use
- Download video or play it from the site.
- Full screen image is a little on the fuzzy side.