Learn More About Climate, University of Colorado at Boulder
Video length is 8:52 min.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing 4f
Other materials addressing 4e
Other materials addressing 6d
Other materials addressing 7a
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- A nice introduction to show how we know what we know about increasing global temperatures and what some of the effects of this warming will be.
- Only minimally focused on Colorado, the video is appropriate for all US.
About the Science
- Leading climate scientists describe their work and how their research points to increasing temperatures and changes in the ecosystem.
- The tone of this video is conversational rather than rigorous. Specific points made by the scientists are, however, supported with appropriate images and satellite photos.
- Comments from expert scientist: Links research and data from polar regions to local climate in Colorado. The video includes interviews with scientists from the Institute of Arctic and Alpine Research and the National Snow and Ice Data Center in which they talk about their research. The title of the video is "Climate and Colorado's Future", but a majority of the video is about changes in the polar regions. The discussion of Colorado's future doesn't start until about the last minute of the video.
About the Pedagogy
- The video is not integrated with a particular lesson plan, but the website provides lesson plans and complementary resources and activities that can be used to expand the reach of this video. These are well organized.
- A young scientist is interviewed, which will engage students.
Related URLs These related sites were noted by our reviewers but have not been reviewed by CLEANThis is part of a larger collection "Learn More about Climate Colorado" which archives multi-media resources and links to related lesson plans: http://learnmoreaboutclimate.colorado.edu/
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.