Learn More About Climate, University of Colorado Boulder
Video length is 10:31 min.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing GPf
Other materials addressing GPg
5.1 Energy decisions are made at many levels.
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Nice conversation starter at the end of of a unit on climate change, to begin discussion about solutions and how to communicate the issue. Also some career pathway examples in the STEM fields. Video is on the long side - teacher may want to chunk it up for classroom use.
About the Science
- An overview of how population growth, consumption of natural resources, and climate change are intertwined and what choices we can make as citizens to reduce our impact on our ecosystem. Also stresses the importance of educating people about climate change.
- Passed initial science review - expert science review pending.
About the Pedagogy
- Features students and scientists discussing choices one can make to reduce their carbon footprint.
- Engagement aspect good - inspiring to see students appealing to students. But all students are Caucasian. May not appeal to diverse student bodies.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.