Deep Rogue Ram, Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies
Video length is 2:44 min.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing 6a
Other materials addressing 7a
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Educators could ask students to discuss the differing perspectives of the anchor and weather forecaster, and the scientific evidence for the long-term global view.
- Video could be used to add a bit of levity at some point near the end of a climate change unit. It does summarize some good, and current, information.
- Could be used as a model from which students could be assigned to create their own video about climate change.
About the Science
- Science (rising temperatures) is exaggerated in this video, but appropriately for the message and nature of the resource.
- Comments from expert scientist: Represents some basic stats of recent climate change in a humorous way. Not a primary piece of educational curriculum, but would be a funny break between lessons.
About the Pedagogy
- No background material or teacher's guide is provided. Since it takes a satirical view of the subject, it would be best used after a more serious examination of the issues with students who will understand the satire.
- May be more suitable for more mature students, high school and up.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.