Switch Energy, American Geosciences Institute
Video length is 2:15 min.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
7.3 Environmental quality.
4.1 Humans transfer and transform energy.
4.7 Different sources of energy have different benefits and drawbacks.
5.4 Economic factors.
5.6 Environmental factors.
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- The educator can engage students by assigning student groups to research the pros and cons of natural gas issues (fracking, greenhouse gas content, comparison to coal) and have students share their findings with the class.
About the Science
- Video merely introduces the pros and cons of natural gas and is not intended to present deep scientific concepts. It is supplemented by video interviews with energy experts across industry and government, representing researchers/scientists, business owners/CEOs, and governments officials.
- Pros and cons of fracking are introduced in the video.
- Passed initial science review - expert science review pending.
About the Pedagogy
- This resource does not come with a teacher’s guide. It could be used as additional information in an energy unit.
- The group of interviewees lack diversity; all the additional interviews are with white men.
Related URLs These related sites were noted by our reviewers but have not been reviewed by CLEANhttp://www.switchenergyproject.com
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.