EERE, U.S. Department of Energy
Video length is 2:50 min.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing GPe
Other materials addressing Hum
4.7 Different sources of energy have different benefits and drawbacks.
6.6 Behavior and design.
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Use as a introduction to a lesson on cars and energy.
- For more information on electric vehicle technology from the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE), visit the Vehicle Technologies Program website: http://www1.eere.energy.gov/vehiclesandfuels/
About the Science
- This video presents state-of-the-art electric vehicle technology.
- Comments from expert scientist: The video is a good basic overview of electric vehicles. The video does not mention potential drawbacks such as environmental effects of lithium battery production.
About the Pedagogy
- Great short introductory video about electric vehicles.
- Good addition to an alternative transportation unit.
Related URLs These related sites were noted by our reviewers but have not been reviewed by CLEANhttp://www1.eere.energy.gov/multimedia/videos.html
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.