Smithsonian: Forces of Change
Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing 2c
Other materials addressing Our
4.3 Fossil and bio fuels contain energy captured from sunlight.
Various sources of energy are used to power human activities .
2.5 Energy moves between reservoirs.
2.6 Greenhouse gases affect energy flow.
Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow .
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Educator could divide class into gas teams to explore each one of these scenarios, then report back to the rest of the class.
- Combine interactive with other resources on the site to support a deeper understanding of the content.
About the Science
- A simple informational interactive that describes the important properties and characteristics of carbon dioxide, oxygen, and ozone.
- Gives a cursory explanation of the greenhouse effect and elements of the carbon cycle.
- NOTE: The stated present level of CO2 is incorrect. For the current CO2 level see: http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/trends/
- Passed initial science review - expert science review pending.
About the Pedagogy
- Additional background materials can be found at http://forces.si.edu/atmosphere/04_00_00.html.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.