University of Nebraska - Lincoln
Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing 1c
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- Educator needs to compose and provide background information on topic/concepts.
- The building shown is at the University of Nebraska - educator could discuss how similar or different their school's latitude is for comparative purposes.
About the Science
- The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has created this time-lapse seasons demonstrator. Images were obtained at noon - students can record various observations from this series of images and predict how the sun changes over time.
- Passed initial science review - expert science review pending.
About the Pedagogy
- Two related student exercise pages are provided at http://astro.unl.edu/interactives/seasons/paper/Seasons_1.pdfand http://astro.unl.edu/interactives/seasons/paper/Seasons_3.pdf
Technical Details/Ease of Use
- There is some support for educator teaching this concept (help tab on animation).
Related URLs These related sites were noted by our reviewers but have not been reviewed by CLEANSee other excellent astronomy apps and animations produced at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln http://astro.unl.edu/
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.