Planet Nutshell, Utah Education Network
Video length: 2:27 minutes.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing 4b
Other materials addressing 7c
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- This video provides a short overview of effects of global climate change. It needs to be supplemented by more thorough materials and activities.
- Can use to identify prior knowledge, misconceptions.
About the Science
- Discusses the differences between year-to-year variations and trends.
- Science well presented on a simple scale.
- Comments from expert scientist: The animation is well done and mostly free of climate change speculation, although for simplicity it does not show all the controversy associated with climate change politics. The three impacts on various parts of the world is very appropriate. It is easily accessible to both students and the general public.
About the Pedagogy
- The cartoon nature of the animation makes the message in the video easy to understand.
- This breezy style and playful animations of this video will likely engage most students. It lacks a teacher's guide, background materials, etc. that would support its use in a classroom.
- Can be used to introduce a little climate science into other curricula.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.