6300:21764Share edittextuser=9933 post_id=21764 initial_post_id=0 thread_id=6300
Planet Nutshell , Utah Education Network
Video length 2:40 minutes.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing 4f
Other materials addressing 4e
Other materials addressing 5b
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- This video provides a short overview of the evidence for global climate change. It needs to be supplemented by more thorough materials and activities.
- Use as a prompt - ask students what they think is happening in Arctic if temperature is changing by only a degree.
- Best used in conjunction with the other 10 short videos in the series.
About the Science
- A brief overview of the evidence that Earth is heating rapidly.
- The claims made in this video are not supported by references in the video or on its webpage.
- Comments from expert scientist: This video provides a nice broad overview that the planet is warming and provides examples of the impacts of a seemingly small increase in global average air temperature.
About the Pedagogy
- Engaging cartoon format.
- The breezy style and playful animations of this video will likely engage most students. It lacks a teacher's guide, background materials, etc. that would support its use in a classroom.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.