Office of Biological and Environmental Research of the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science, Biological and Environmental Research Information System (BERIS)
Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing 3e
Other materials addressing 5b
2.1 Changes in energy flow over time.
2.5 Energy moves between reservoirs.
3.5 Ecosystems are affected by availability of energy..
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- This image can be used when teaching the carbon cycle in a high school or college level biology course.
About the Science
- Good visual for examining the interconnections between Earth science systems and biological systems.
- Passed initial science review - expert science review pending.
About the Pedagogy
- Visualization is rich with terminology, which will need unpacking with students to ensure understanding of connections.
- Can be used in sections rather than whole diagram.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.