US Geological Service (USGS) hosted by Windows to the Universe, Windows to the Universe
Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- This visualization is available also here: http://ga.usgs.gov/edu/watercycle.html (at this site you can get a text-free version of the diagram that might be useful as an assessment)
- Educator should look at the links on the visualization page to see connections to climate change.
About the Science
- The visualization as a stand-alone does not connect to climate change. Educator must use other information at EPA climate change website to provide opportunities to make that connection. For example, the water resource impacts link at the top right brings the reader to a section that discusses the impact of climate change on regional water resources.
- Comment from expert scientist: The material does a very good job of explaining how the water cycle is already changing and the implications of such change. The water cycle graphic from USGCRP (2009) is very appropriate.
About the Pedagogy
- This visualization provides a comprehensive overview of the water cycle without adding a lot of potentially confusing details.
- It will work well as a focal diagram for a unit on the water cycle.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.