ThinkTV, Teachers' Domain
Video length: 4:18 minutes.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing 7b
Other materials addressing 7f
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
About the Science
- Scientists from the Byrd Polar Research Center, who specialize in glaciers and water quality, discuss water quality and quantity issues related to glacial melt and the potential human impact.
- Direct link between retreating glaciers and available water resources for Lima, Peru is powerful.
- Human impact described really well.
- Comment from expert scientist: The module gives a reasonable explanation of the role of glaciers in the hydrology of Peru. It also introduces some of the water quality issues that might be encountered where water is a scarce resource.
About the Pedagogy
- A background essay, teaching tips, and link to standards are provided.
- Links to related videos on this site are provided.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.