Wisconsin Educational Communications Board, Teachers' Domain
Video length: 2:44 minutes.Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing 4a
Other materials addressing 4b
Other materials addressing 5b
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
- The video focuses on Wisconsin. The teacher should consider incorporating local examples into their lesson that uses the video.
- Citizen science projects like Project Budburst or Pikanet or CoCORAHS are very good examples of how students can get involved in doing research and contribute actual data to databases like those referred to in the video.
About the Science
- Video combines footage of actual measurements, instruments, interviews, data, results and some landscape shots.
- Comments from expert scientist: Uses real data to convey the message--I think that the graph that shows the variation in ice cover with the trend is helpful and can be a quite powerful visual aid.
- The provided teaching tips are great.
- Passed initial science review - expert science review pending.
About the Pedagogy
- Examples that are used to illustrate the difference between climate and weather are very intuitive.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.