Australian National University
Discuss this Resource»
Learn more about Teaching Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness»
About Teaching Climate Literacy
Other materials addressing 1c
Benchmarks for Science Literacy
Learn more about the Benchmarks
Notes From Our Reviewers
The CLEAN collection is hand-picked and rigorously reviewed for scientific accuracy and classroom effectiveness.
Read what our review team had to say about this resource below or learn more about
how CLEAN reviews teaching materials
Teaching Tips | Science | Pedagogy |
About the Science
- An interactive that allows learners to investigate the path of the sun from any latitude on Earth.
- Can be related to seasons and to why temperatures are high or low in certain months.
- Passed initial science review - expert science review pending.
About the Pedagogy
- Can provide insights for Essential Principle 1 on how the Sun drives Earth's climate system and Essential Principle 4 on variability of time and space.
- Will require an instructor who is familiar with and comfortable with the astronomical aspects of the tool.
Have you used these materials with your students? Do you have insights to share with other educators about their use? Please share with the community by adding a comment below.
Please use this space only for discussion about teaching with these particular materials.
For more general discussion about teaching climate literacy please use our general discussion boards.
To report a problem or direct a comment to the CLEAN project team please use our feedback form (or the feedback link at the bottom of every page).
Off-topic posts will be deleted.